When is your birthday? Mine is ON October 12. When do you eat lunch? I usually eat it AT noon. When does the school year begin in your country? In mine it begins IN September.
Do you know which preposition to use before times, days, months and years? Here is a reminder.
Don't forget to use...
in + month or year- In March, In 2003
on + date (with the year or without it) or day of the week- On April 2, On March 3, 1999, On Saturday
at + clock time, midnight, noon- At 3:30 p.m., At 4:01, At noon
in + season- In the summer, In the winter
in + morning, afternoon, evening- In the morning, In the evening
at + night- At night
Questions and AnswersWrite your answers in the boxes and check them by clicking on the arrows below.
1. Let's meet 6:30.
2. The play is Saturday noon.
3. I was born November 3, 1970.
4. Beverly went to Los Angeles January.
5. Bill arrived in New York February 7.
6. I love to see the flowers the spring.
7. The movie starts 7:30 the evening.
8. We go to bed 11:00 night.
9. Her birthday is October the fall.
10. I saw a witch midnight Saturday October 31 1998.