See is an inactive word. When your eyes are open, you do it without thinking. Example- I see a car near the store.
Look at is an active word. You must want to do it. But it is for a short time. Example- Look at this dress.
Watch is also an active word. You must want to do it but it is for a longer period of time. Example- Let's watch television.
Check Your UnderstandingChoose the correct word (see, look at, or watch.) Click the box to see the correct answer.
1. Do you want to a movie with me tonight?
2. Please the clock and tell me what time it is.
3. I like to go to the zoo and the animals while they are playing.*
4. How many things do you in this office?
5. I want to that sweater again. Maybe I will buy it.
*Remember, this means it is a long time.